Jul 22, 2006 07:58 AM|Windowns|LINK
Yeah my initial attempt was to resolve an issue with my Open relay settings. I noticed that i was unable to send emails outisde of the registered domain. I modified the open relay settings and allowed only the loopback and the ip (it's static) of my desktop.
With a manual connection to the SMTP server i was able to send emails, but still i was unable to send them with the web app.
Later on i determined that i have the right DLL (cross checked with a DLL from another system that was not fully patched); thus, confirming that a recent patch was not causing the issue.
I ended up unregistering cbosys.dll, closing my dev environment, restart the IIS Admin service. Then registering the dll, restarting IIS Admin. After that i was able to send html emails.
So in the end, i resolved my issue.
What i found the oddest about this situation was that obviously open relaying was not an issue, as i was able to send text based emails just fine. But for some reason i was unable to send HTML emails. I hope this will help someone else in the future, as
i spent a good 3+ hours today trying to resolve this problem.