Mar 10, 2006 02:22 PM|hackneys|LINK
Ok, here are the steps I took to get my site going at GoDaddy.
1. Make sure you have the ASP.net 2.0 runtime loaded.
2. Create your SQL Database with the ASP.Net 2.0 SQL Server Schema Features loaded.
3. Use the club-add.sql script in the App_Data folder of your club site (Assuming you haven't changed any of your tables) to create the tables in your db at GoDaddy using the query analyzer in you SQL Admin consel that GoDaddy provides.
4. After you have run your script you will notice that the table owners of the newly created tables belong to who the username you were logged in as rather than 'dbo'. This means you need to update your queries in you clubsite replacing the dbo.tablename
5. Upload your site and the pages should load correctly. I do not think I am forgeting anything. You will need to use the role management pages that MaineOne created to manage the roles and assign them to users for your site. You will also need to modify
you mail settings in the web.config file. I posted something on this earlier in this forum.
FYI, after you change your query string as described above, it will not work locally. What I do is make changed locally and upload the updated pages to my GoDaddy site and test from there. If you have data in you local db that you need up to you GoDaddy
site, you will have to export them to a CSV or XML file and import them using the admin counsil. Good luck, the free SQL management tools that are available does not have export or import tools that I can find. Hope this help.