Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Nov 22, 2005 03:09 AM|LINK
The Cassini sources for the 1.1 .NET Framework:
You MUST have the 1.1 version of GACUTIL.EXE installed. You get GACUTIL by installing the .NET SDK Version 1.1. It is not installed by default when you install VS 2003.
Cassini sources that target the 2.0 .NET Framework:
Direct link to the source files:
You also need the v2.0 version of GACUTIL which should be installed by default with VWD Express or VS 2005.
If you see 'PORT CONFLICT' error message OR are having trouble launching Cassini:
1. Make sure you are running build.bat from a Command Prompt instead of double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer. You will be able to see any error messages a or successful compilation message.
2. If you see an error about 'csc' not found change the PATH in the environmental variable:
Click Start -> right-click 'My Computer' -> Properties -> Advanced tab
Click the button "Environment Variables"
In the first section "User variables for..." choose the "NEW" button and type the following (without quotes): variable name: "PATH", variable value: "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322" (or the v2.0.50727 version if you are targeting 2.0)
3. If you see an error that GACUTIL is missing downloaded the ".NET Framework SDK" from the link at the top of this post.
4. Make sure the path to GACUTIL.EXE is in your PATH. For the 1.1 Framework you should find it located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v1.1\Bin. For the 2.0 Framework GACUTIL.EXE should be installed with VWD Express or VS 2005 and located at C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin
5. Run build.bat again from a Command prompt. You should see no errors, and a successful build and registration in the GAC.
One more hint. Make sure that the version of CSC.EXE and GACUTIL.EXE target the same Framework version. If you don't want to change your PATH environment variable then modify build.bat with the exact location of these applications.