Last post Feb 11, 2010 10:01 PM by dannil
Jan 22, 2006 06:46 PM|DjDezmond|LINK
Sometimes, this error appears... A few pages seem to work after I access them straight from the server first?
Ive read up on this error and the function 'InitializeCulture' appears to be some kind of regional settings (for currency and time settings etc). At first the error happened whilst trying to access the site from an external machine, now I am getting it when
I test it on the server also...
Does anyone know anything about this error!?
Jan 24, 2006 05:57 PM|SimonCal|LINK
InitializeCulture is a virtual member of the Page class. It is used as a coinvenient point to set the Page.Culture/UICulture members that will be called extremely early in the page lifecycle for you to define the Thread settings.
Can you provide a repro for this issue?
Mar 09, 2006 10:47 PM|TradeBug.com|LINK
I found a solution. During the publishing stage on framework 2.0 uncheck the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Once I unchecked this it published correctly and functioned correctly on IIS. With it checked I would always receive 'InitializeCulture'
is not a member of ...
Another alternative to these is to copy the files directly from your development environment as the aspx pages define there CodeBehind pages in there header tags. Either method will work. Option 1 is faster.
I hope this helps.
TradeBug.com - Ottawa's Largest Online Classifieds, Auctions, Rock Bottom Deals, and Flea Markets.
Sep 05, 2007 09:06 PM|clebervilla|LINK
Sep 15, 2007 12:57 AM|JohnDesautels|LINK
That fixed my problem, too!
Nov 29, 2007 12:47 PM|johanvanbroekhoven|LINK
I 've read your solution, but honestly don't know where to uncheck the "allo this precomplied site to be updatable" within the Visual Studio Web Developer 2005.
Can you help me out here, because i have the same error as mentioned into this thread.
Feb 27, 2008 08:27 PM|ekenman|LINK
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
Jun 19, 2008 03:02 PM|TsofnasPaneach|LINK
Jul 25, 2008 02:01 PM|websmith|LINK
I think I may have discovered the real culprit, and therefore a real solution, rather than a workaround.
In my case, I had needed to create multiple similar pages. I copied my "Contact" page and pasted it into the project 5 times. I then renamed the pages. What I forgot to do was change the class from Contacts to a new class name. For example, my Donors.aspx
page class was renamed to Donors. I also needed to change the class name where it is inherited on the .aspx page.
Once I did that, it still didn't work. I realized that I needed to build the site first. I built the site, then published it, and I kept the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable" checkbox checked.
Worked like a charm. Hopefully, this will work for you as well.
Jul 25, 2008 07:19 PMfirstname.lastname@example.org|LINK
I'll try your solution as soon as i get the next error.
Thanks for sharing your solution
Oct 22, 2008 10:31 PM|jasrcyr|LINK
Jan 26, 2009 04:26 PM|robfisel|LINK
This one had me pulling my hair out. I understood the ambiguous class error, but I didn't understand its cause. A while back I had migrated from 1.1 to 2.0. There are some 3rd party controls throughout the site and there were SO many conversion errors,
I scrapped the migration and re-created the site from scratch. Well, I had migrated and fixed the files in the root directory before changing tactics. So, ALL of my pages in the home directory had ambiguous classes from the migration (creating new files
and deleting the old). I just changed all the class names in my files in the home directory and, presto, no more compile errors.
Thanks guys, this one is a keeper.[cool]
Oct 09, 2009 07:04 PM|mathews7|LINK
Thank u so much..it really helped me in crunch time....
Feb 11, 2010 10:01 PM|dannil|LINK
I had the same problem. Turned out some of my code behind files had the same class name. I had copied an existing page and had forgotten to give it a new class name.