Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Feb 03, 2013 04:20 AM by jamneh94479
Jan 25, 2013 07:46 AM|LINK
banging head from last 4 days.., need to run in hosting server, not in local host,
at least you may tell me where the error may be..as i am not getting hint from where the error is coming.
had used mvc2, copy to local-->true.
for all the dll, why? because i tried for all main 4 dll but error persist.
please please help.
Jan 25, 2013 08:10 AM|LINK
Please check if "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder has read/write access for IIS worker process.
Which version of IIS site is hosted on?
Similar posts- >http://forums.asp.net/t/1784190.aspx/1?500+Internal+server+error
Jan 25, 2013 11:48 AM|LINK
thank you sir, for replying.. but now i have a new error.
</div> <div class="content-container">
</div> <div class="config_source content-container">
Jan 25, 2013 08:04 PM|LINK
Looks like your account which is trying to access the site doesn't have permission on the site folder.
Jan 25, 2013 08:09 PM|LINK
sir how shall i give permission, and in which level?
Jan 25, 2013 08:13 PM|LINK
i had tried to find the solution from last few days, i came to know, something is misplaced in web.config.. can any one could provide me clear and perfect web.config code for production server mvc2, means neccessary component to run on iis7 + higher
Jan 25, 2013 08:19 PM|LINK
See here for configuration steps.
Jan 26, 2013 04:31 AM|LINK
according to link this is the resolution
Delete the malformed XML element from the ApplicationHost.config file or from the Web.config file.
1.error in xml document
2.arrangement or sequence of xml attribute error.
as i have 3rd party tool to check the xml document and it say validate, means no error. so can 2 part be the reason.
Jan 26, 2013 04:36 AM|LINK
ok i got reply from hosting party, it say mvc3 is installed in the hosting server, and my site is mvc2, can this be the reason for lovely error..
Feb 03, 2013 04:20 AM|LINK
Step I did(work for me).
1. create a new mvc application (default one) from VS.
2. deploy it in iis local host with command prompt.
3. if it runs on localhost with no error. than it means every thing had being registered and config properly in IIS. No need to run aspnet_regiis-i or anything to enable from iis. me using iis7
4. now open yours made project, go to your web.config(the root one).
5. open web.config of default mvc application and yours mvc application side by side.
6. just delete the unwanted config attributes from yours mvc web.config file.
7. unwanted config attributes means->
i. the handlers, modules, which are not present in default web.config.
ii. Remember. dont touch the attributes which are present in default .
8. In sort, compare the both the web.config files, the attributes present in default web.config should be present in your mvc web.config and delete everything else.
9. NOTE: now if you have attributes like of OPenid, or mailsetting, else any of your explicit attributes. you must not delete that..
10. And than deploy it from command prompt.. it will be Okay.
11. if your default mvc application does not run than Only you need to configure arround iis.
12. this step saved my day....Happy Coding