Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Jan 07, 2013 06:20 AM by necro_mancer
Jan 06, 2013 07:19 PM|LINK
Hy to everyone.
I am new here and i be very grateful for your help.
I do some web site in asp.net but i wont to do my first web aplication .
I wont to ask which is the best way to deploy this aplication on web hosting.
The host ofers a control panel and folder(wwroot) when put all staff but i wont to install my aplication and create the database.
I guess that the procedure isn't like to deploy web site(put in zip folder and unzip in wwroot).
And how to add some new project in this aplication in the future.
I do a lot a research on this but it will be grate to now from people who do this every day and have a lot a practice
Thx in advance
Jan 06, 2013 07:30 PM|LINK
1. You could use Web Deploy (msdeploy) if your hosting company support it -
2. You could use FTP client as FileZilla and to copy your files via FTP.
After that you should deploy your SQL database. There are 3 options to backup and restore the database or to create it via the control panel, to use the SQL Server Management Studio (if your host support it).
Jan 06, 2013 08:01 PM|LINK
thx for your quick answer
So if i understood good ,web aplication is not installed and the source code is visible?
how it's posible to add a new project in this aplication?
It is posible to do web setup project and install the aplication like desktop aplication?
Regard and one more thenks for your time
Jan 07, 2013 06:20 AM|LINK
have you had a chance to ask your hosting provider about this? Normally, they will provide you a control panel and you just need to login to create your database and website
To deploy your project, you need to fully compile your code and you just need to deploy the "published" version of your site. Hence, your source code is not visible to anyone.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Please open your project in Visual Studio tool
2. On the Solution Explorer Windows, please right click your project and select "Publish"
3. Please publish it to your local folder, such as C:\Project
4. You just need to upload all the files and subfolders you see on C:\Project to the server. You will also notice that all the .cs or .vb files have disappeard
Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps!