Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Nov 26, 2012 07:42 AM by pbb
Nov 25, 2012 06:41 PM|LINK
after a long time, I made my webmatrix site run on IIS.
- Add Application Pool with .NET v4
- Add your site with selecting this app pool
- In Connections, click localhost:
- Handler Mappings : .chtml.. enabled isapimodule
- isapi and cgi restrictions: allowed
(it it is not installed, install it from control panel-programs-turn windows features on-IIS-Application Development Features-CGI, ISAPI Extensions Filters)
- right click on site, edit permissions, security, be sure that necessary permissions are given
- click the site, on the right panel you see Default Document, add Default.cshtml
Nov 26, 2012 07:35 AM|LINK
Thanks for all the information! I will definetely post my question on the IIS forum also.
However, while the first error, "Directory Listing Denied" doesn't say anything about either IIS or ASP.NET, the second error, when trying to open the default.cshtml file, says "Server Error in '/xxx' Application -- This type of page is not served.", complete
with an ASP.NET version signature.
Maybe in my case the problem is actually an ASP.NET problem?
Nov 26, 2012 07:42 AM|LINK
Hi Ayan, thanks for your reply!
My Web Pages site is already in a .NET v4 app pool (I wrote this in the original description).
I am not able to find the "Connections" part you are referring to in point 3. However, the "Turn Windows features on or off" section and the right panel to set the default document, are features from Windows 7 and IIS7, they are not related to IIS6...