Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Apr 12, 2012 08:31 PM by Shankar_ss
Apr 06, 2012 01:59 PM|LINK
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
I added the contentplaceholder after you had suggested.
<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/PublicMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="false"
CodeFile="contact.aspx.vb" Inherits="contact" Title="Contact us" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
<asp:Content ID="contenthead" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="Server">
<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en, de" />
I have added the asp:Content after your suggestion.
Still the page doesn't work in german.
The page is available in the following link:
You can see that the menu items that are in Masterpage are displaying German characters. But in the content page, below corporate office, the characters are not recognised.
Think I am taking lots of your time. Thanks for supporting.
Apr 12, 2012 08:31 PM|LINK
I found the problem. In my web.config, based on some blog, I had included the following:
<globalization enableClientBasedCulture="true" culture="de-DE" uiCulture="de-DE" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8"/>
Today I faced another issue where by datetime was displayed in DD-MM-YYYY format. So I tweeked my web.config globalization.
I found that culture=""de-DE" was creating the datetime issue.
After that I removed:
requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8"
from the globalization tag & woohooo - I started getting proper German character in my website.
Just wanted to post this here so that someone else with the same issue will not have to break their heads :)
Thanks FightAsABull for your help.