Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Dec 09, 2009 09:56 PM by Josbourne
Dec 09, 2009 09:56 PM|LINK
Hi all, I myself had a problem with Personal.mdf when compiling the Personal Site starter kit. The error message I received suggested
I should make a new Personal.mdf, but until about ten minutes ago, I had no idea how.
The solution is very simple, and quite straightforward:
1. Delete the Personal.mdf datafile from your personal site project (if this cannot be done from within your VS, try deleting from your
Windows tree [..]/App_data/ directory where the file resides.
2. Also in this App_data directory there is a file named 'Personal-add.sql'. Open this file in SSMS or whatever client you use to
connect to SQL Server 200x
3. Add 'CREATE DATABASE Personal' as the first statement in this file, and execute this statement alone.
4. Change context to your newly created database
5. Execute all the statements in the original file
6. Detach the database (don't know if this is necessary, but then..)
7. Copy your Personal.mdf (and your Personal.ldf) to the forementioned App_Data directory
8. Return to the starter kit project in visual studio or web developer express and press F5 to build the site.
This worked like a charm on my system, hopefully it will work for you, too:-)