Last post Jun 13, 2008 02:10 PM by zopostyle
Jan 17, 2008 03:35 PM|diadem_2k|LINK
I am confused how to debug this issue.
everyday morning, i am calling third party web method and pass xmlNode as input parameter, from last 3-4 days it was working properly but today i started getting this message:
The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.
i tried many ways to fix it but i cannot do it ...can anyone please throw some light on this....i am in urgent need of some ideas and solution???
if you i can give more info on this....
thanks a lot in advance...
Jan 18, 2008 09:49 AM|jagsIN|LINK
First see whether that third party web service is exist or not. I think may be this is problem that they have removed that web service.
Jan 18, 2008 12:58 PM|dharnendra|LINK
2 possible reasons: either 3rd party control is not available or access is denied.
When you get a message like this turn off friendly HTTP error messages in IE. To do this go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced. Uncheck show friendly HTTP error messages. Once you have done this you should get a more detailed message which will point
you to the real problem.
Try it out, you will get the actual reason
Jan 20, 2008 03:26 PM|diadem_2k|LINK
you know the actual problem was related to data that we are sending it to them some fields were containing special characters coz of which third party web method was throwing us Bad request error.
now, i am putting all the string data fields under CDATA and planning to send it to them so that i will not get those kind of exceptions.
Jun 13, 2008 02:10 PM|zopostyle|LINK
Can you post your final string, I'm facing the same problem.