Last post Sep 29, 2006 05:24 AM by ken240
Sep 04, 2006 05:28 PM|ravensensei|LINK
I'm using the clubsite starter on a remote host, and I'd like to expand on the amount of information that is saved to the table. I've used the scripts to create the tables, and everything works great.
I'm curious as to how I can add another step or two to the registration process. I was going to try to manipulate the XSD, but in order to do that I need access to the db, and they don't allow remote access.
Wondering where to go from here. Thinking of installing sql express on my local machine, point to it, make all the changes, then change the connection string back to the remote one and upload everything.
Is there an easier way to do it?
Sep 06, 2006 03:01 AM|ravensensei|LINK
Sep 07, 2006 01:13 AM|dhconsult|LINK
I am also interested in doing this. I have thought about adding an additional table with a similar structure to the members info table, that way I wouldn't have to "disturb" the delivered table.....
I welcome any other ideas if someone has actually done this.
Sep 28, 2006 01:30 PM|Jeff2005|LINK
Sep 28, 2006 09:28 PM|ken240|LINK
I also wanted to update the member info table. With the assistance of Jeff - I did it in about 45 min and I am real new at this stuff.
As U progress, U should see some errors pop up, but these should start to go away as U update each page.
Here is what I did – I did NOT use the wizard, but manually changed the code..
Open memberinfo table in SQL Server Management Studio Express and added a field called "UnitNo"
I looked all through this for the field named "Phone".
Duplicated the fields or lines and changed "phone" to "UnitNo"
In the MemberDetails.vb
added the following at the end (copy from another above):
Private m_UnitNo As
Public ReadOnly Property UnitNo()
In the Private
Sub New(ByVal user
As MembershipUser, ByVal member
m_UnitNo = member.UnitNo below m_Phone = member.phone
In the Member_Register.aspx
add unitno to the line
da.Insert(CType(user.ProviderUserKey, Guid), Addr.Text, Phone.Text, fname.Text, lname.Text, UnitNo.text)
In the wizard, look for
Add the following right after:
Added UnitNo in the line
da.Update(CType(user.ProviderUserKey, Guid), Addr.Text, Phone.Text, fname.Text, lname.Text, UnitNo.Text, CType(user.ProviderUserKey, Guid))
in Sub InitPageData()
added UnitNo.Text = mr.UnitNo
Added a label and text box below lastname (anywhere)
Hope I have NOT missed anything
Sep 29, 2006 02:51 AM|papalolo22|LINK
Did you add the MailDefination element in the CreateUserWizerd to automatically
email new registered members, their Login credentials after creating new accounts?
Sep 29, 2006 03:12 AM|ken240|LINK
Yes, but did not include this as was keeping thread for expanding User Info
My site is a little different, limited users, so by default users are NOT authorized.
I force new users to register, the registration process sends WebHost an email, I approve (manually at the moment), process will email back user when they are approved for access to site.
Only specific users (owners) can join
To do this, I had to make some changes in web.config and member_register.aspx
member_register.aspx (replace YOURDOMAIN with your info)
For the message body, I have it in a file called ApplicationComplete.txt
Add the following near the very bottom of the code
Subject="New Owner - Require Activation"
Looks like I messed up something
The members_list.aspx is not working now :(
Looking into the issue now.
Sep 29, 2006 05:24 AM|ken240|LINK
The problem with my membership_list.aspx was null data in the tables.
Fixed that and it is fine.